March 8, 2007

living

I'm having a hard time finding a car and place to live. I'm looking for a station wagon or mini van for under $2k. This is a lot harder on an island than the mainland. I found a minivan for $1500 yesterday but by this morning the lady already had someone else looking at it. My guess is she saw my number was not local and didn't want to sell it to me. It's maddening. I can't get anywhere. I've tried the local paper, the paper's website and craigslist. I've even ridden around town looking at the used car lots. I found a '91 Ferrari for $31k, but I don't think the dogs would be comfortable riding in it.

Not making any progress is ostracizing. It can get pretty lonely biking around all day, trying to meet with people that are never in their office and won't answer their phone. The roads outside of down town are not bike friendly and I find myself too close to traffic for comfort but I have no other choice. Cars are listed for sale 20 minutes drive outside of town.

Once I find a car I'll be looking for a house to buy. This is scary stuff too, but I'll save that for another post.

1 comment:

Abby said...

Hey there! I just realized that I never sent you my email. It's super easy and anti-creative: myfirstname.mylastname@gmail.com. And I'd like yours, too!!! xoxoxoxoxo